Saturday, March 3, 2012

I chose happy

Life is not as complex as people make it.
In fact, it's as simple as we make it. These are the things that help me be (somewhat) sane in a crazy world.

1: People around you, they have allllll kinds of things, past and present, making them act the way they do. They may not make sense to you, so you can't expect them to. If you rely on someone else's opinion of you or reaction to you, you're destined to be confused and miserable.
I'm not saying you can't be hurt by them. Be hurt. They hurt you. They, in all their past hurt and current stresses hurt you. Decide to confront it or let it go.
2: You're reaction is a choice. You're attitude is your choice. You're feelings, not so much, but you get to decide if your feelings will manage your life.
3: Decide who is worth fighting for. I know people think I'm taken advantage of in some of my friendships. I don't see it like that. My friendships bless me. Even the hard, unbalanced, shitty ones. God is my blessing. The rest, that's a bonus. I was called to be a blessing, not find blessing. He promised that. I aim to bless in all my relationships, not gain. How sad is it that we live in a world were love is given with the expectation we would receive and if we don't we think we're being used?? Give. And give. And give. Take others burdens. God will handle yours! He will send others to love you. But give freely! Expectations will destroy your relationships. I know I can handle being that in my relationships. I'm not being used or played. I know and see what's happening. I draw the line when it becomes inappropriate or I think I'm encouraging something wrong in someone, but most people just need someone who doesn't need them to be ok.
4: If you're not happy, change something. Work for what you want, sure. But the American dream will eat your soul. I have chosen freedom. And I know the risks and challenges, but it's the life I want. I don't want to stay if I'm miserable. I know my goals, I'll work till I meet them, then I'll go!
5: Be awesome. :) thanks Alex. You showed by example what I want to be.

1 comment: